Wednesday, January 22, 2014

first snow and paperwork madness


We have a snow delay! Our first snow of the season (finally) has brought with it a delayed work schedule, which of course equals time for MORE ADOPTION PAPERWORK. Which at this point seems NEVER ENDING. But we know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and all the paperwork is of course worth it!

I did make some time to take a few pictures of our dog in the snow though!





Yep, we have a husky! Her name is Tehya and she is loving this weather. I'm pretty sure she sniffed every single snowflake in our yard this morning.


Then she stood guard over her domain. This is her favorite perch outside- she can survey the entire yard this way.


Tehya loves loves loves babies and kiddos. We can't wait for Sheppard to meet her! 
We have cats too, but they were grumpy this morning so they didn't get a photo shoot ;) 

and now for what the rest of my morning has consisted of...


The infamous "paper baby" that I had heard so much about... the never ending piles of forms that must be filled out perfectly, notarized perfectly, apostilled perfectly....not to mention the fees for it all as well...All of my dreams are about paperwork these days. Thankfully, my sweet friend Chrystal who is also adopting a son from the same country we are came over one day to help me organize my binder! SO helpful! Now I have everything in order and I know where it all is...and anytime I start to find it difficult to breathe from all the stress I just close the binder and look at my sweet son's pictures. Perspective- Sheppard, you are so worth it! Before we know it, this paperwork is going to be done, our training will be completed, the fundraising wil be finished, and we will be waiting for our travel dates so we can finally be with you in person instead of an ocean away...

Well, now Alden is awake and we are making bacon (mmmmmm). Which reminds me- my friend Chrystal is having an amazing fundraiser this Saturday!!!


 


If you live locally, come on out and support their son's adoption and get some awesome smoked meat in the process! 
Here is a link to their blog as well: http://daffodilsandearthworms.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment